Blog 3 Part B
In PART A, I identified four selves of a mobile of living your life: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Now let me give you some self-care ideas on how to deal with each of those life pieces that may need a little tweaking or a little bit of self-care glue.
Self Care Ideas
1. Eat nourishing food.
2. Give yourself a foot massage
3. Take a nap.
4. Go for a walk, jog, ride a bike, swim.
1. Say “I am lovable and capable in a mirror”.
2. Write in a journal
3. Draw or play music to express your emotions
4. Smile a lot.
1. Eat breakfast mindfully
2. Enroll in classes of some kind
3. Cross something off a to-do list
4. Forgiveness...give it, accept it.
1. Do some corporal and spiritual acts of mercy.
2. Go to church/service
3. Read spiritual books and blogs e.g. bible, Word on Fire Blog
4. Pray, say the rosary or just sit in the presence of God.
These are just a few ideas that go into the work necessary that may bring balance to your life. I have added a blank line in each category for you to add a self-care idea of your own; I’m sure you can add many more things to do in each category. These self-care activities become more meaningful when done in about equal portions. I don’t think overdoing any one category is a good idea: you might knock the mobile out of balance. You and God have the answers to the questions of balance and spiritual nourishment in your life. When Jesus says Peace, I leave with you My Peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth do I give unto you. I would like to think he means bring peace into your life by living with balance and spiritual nourishment with Him by your side! Let Jesus be your ever-present companion. His hand is always there for you.